Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pig BBQ Joint 4.50/5


Pig BBQ's Homepage

Today we decided to try a more inexpensive luncheon sandwich place that is a locally run business. We have heard about Pig for some time now and have been meaning to do a food review on the place! Mr. Blue and Mr. Pink dropped by at lunch time, as they are only open for lunch, and Pig'd out on a couple of different sandwiches. The restaurant is your basic hole-in-the-wall type with enough room for about 3 tables, a condiments area, and the counter. The place was very clean and the best you could expect for such an establishment. So, due to limited space we relocated with our sandwiches to a nearby coffee shop called Mirages. Mr. Pink had the Beef Brisket sandwich while Mr. Blue had the more infamous Pulled Pork sandwich. Here are the reviews:



Mr. Blue: the pulled pork sandwich, coming at $5, is already a great steal at the price for hopefully a delicious locally made sandwich. The size of the sandwich is the general large kaiser bun filled with about 1-2 inches of pulled pork and a light layer of pickled cabbage and Pig barbeque sauce. At first, I thought it would not fill me comfortably and I would need to go back for seconds. However, after I took several bites and was halfway through the sandwich I was surprisingly feeling fairly content with the sandwich. After a few more bites and finishing the sandwich I am delighted to say that this sandwich is possibly one of the best, inexpensive barbecue sandwiches I've ever had. It was moist, tasty, had contrast, and depth. Only thing I wish it had was a bit more barbecue sauce, but next time I'll just add some more from the condiments area. Well done I say.





Mr. Pink: I'll start off by saying I had the pulled pork sandwich a few weeks ago and it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. The zestiness of the BBQ sauce and the vegetables on the pulled pork sandwich combined with the tender flakiness of the pulled pork was amazing. With that in mind, I have to admit that I was not too excited to try the beef brisket sandwich. Today, I'll only be reviewing the beef brisket sandwich. It was $6, and did come with a generous amount of meat. It did not have any vegetables in it, but it was topped with that same delicious BBQ sauce that the pulled pork sandwich had. The meat was very moist and tender, and overall very satisfying. I was comfortably full afterwards and it was still a delicious sandwich, but it was no pulled pork. It didn't have the contrast and depth of flavours the pulled pork sandwich had. But still, beef lovers should be very pleased with this sandwich.

Ratings:

Taste: 1.90/2.00
Value: 1.00/1.00
Atmosphere/cleanliness: 0.70/1.00
Service 0.90/1.00

Overall: 4.50/5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment